Friday, June 03, 2005

I am feeling bored and jobless and can somehow find no motivation to study for the impending common tests ever since I returned from ccal camp – not that I bothered to before I went for the ccal camp. All I am saying is that in terms of preparation for CTs, nothing has changed – i.e. I am sooooooooooo not prepared for it.

Seeing a sudden increase in the number of people actually the updating their blogs recently have somehow "inspired" me to blog. So blog, I shall.

I tried studying for CTs - starting first with economics, but couldn’t concentrate (duh ... think econs, think Jeanne lim - how?) so I ended up chatting online on the first night (ie wed-the day I promised to start studying) and then playing brainless online games when not many ppl were online in the day. So as you can see, it has been extremely unproductive – given also that we wasted half a day in school when the econs lesson wasn't at the very least different from the normal tutorials that we had (hidden meaning here intended, in case you din realize)

Had mtg for inter-hse games today. Inter hse games wld b good stuff I think. The problem remains in the meager sum of money that the school has given us. A THOUSAND BUCKS FOR A YEAR EVENT! CAN U BELIEVE IT… yea. But I m sure it wld b fun. haha.

So yea. Nothing accomplished. So nothing much to blog about. So I shall attempt the "reflections" kind of entry today. Haha.

- in deep thought -

O yes. Just a couple of days back, navjote said to me that he would give anything to get back the "old ri days". Which I wouldn't mind actually. Where I had fun. Where I spent the best few years of my life - especially my sec 4 year. Be it Moor house, debates or my sec 2 n 4 classes, I had fun, and I never felt happier. (I never write about npcc you realize, haha. It has always been interesting to check out people's expressions when they find this out).

Fast forward slightly more than half a year since I graduated from ri. Times have changed. People have changed. The situation has changed. Things often aren't a bed of roses ... you realize that even more in jc life. Somehow competition has increased and the level of difficulty in your academic subjects has also increased. Yet, at the same time, you know more people - which can never, in my opinion, be a bad thing; you learn more; you see more. We got to move forward, I guess. Yes, we want the old ri days back. But then we would not see what lies in store for us in the future.

I sometimes wonder if I have made the right choice in coming to rjc. Would things have been better if I was in another jc?

Maybe, things have not changed - I have changed. Have I gone overboard in certain things that I have done?

But I look at all that is happening - the company found in rjc, the bonds have strengthened, the things that have happened to me etc. Maybe things aren’t so bad after all.

We are not supposed to know when we peak. It might have been in school, at work or on our wedding days, but we soldier on by fooling ourselves that the best is still ahead. Sometimes, even though we know in our hearts that our greatest success will always lie in our past, there's still a part of our brain that hopes that we one day will achieve such great things that we would be even more successful than before.

We still got more than a year to prove ourselves. To make our stay in rjc a memorable one, to make us, in our army days or uni days say that we would do anything to get the days in rjc back.
So we soldier on.


moor-tarbet 2005. we would rock on.

junyi! posted at 7:15 pm.


Comments: Post a Comment

Profile

junyi
24 april 1988

junyi.cdrm@gmail.com

Links

[x] nav+ajit+suhas+imran+me

my photos!
[x] '06 orientation storyline!
[x] '06 orientation team!
[x] drama feste!
[x] '05 random photos!
[x] '04 pictures

39bravo
-friends from ns-
[x] eugene yap
[x] james teo
[x] jordan f
[x] kengfoo

Debaters
-be it in the past or now-
[x] navjote
[x] terence
[x] yix

Moor-tarbetians / jj
[x] jonKie
[x] alan
[x] CCC
[x] sam jo
[x] nash
[x] zee
[x] snee
[x] teamboat

s03w
-be it in the past or now-
[x] amy lim
[x] dnet yap
[x] jefferson
[x] nadjad
[x] xix
[x] samantha kwah

unclassified
-for the time being-
[x] james teo
[x] ritzley
[x] shifu
[x] liyana
[x] zhunian

say something.

previous posts!

Archives